The importance of sales management in an organization is also known as scope of sales management and it includes various points like:-
- It is Dagmar of the marketing system,
- It manages the sales force,
- Sales management inspires sales,
- To give training to the salespeople,
- To establish brand image and goodwill,
- To manage the sales data,
- Important element of national income,
- To evaluate the performance,
- The motivation of the sales force,
- Other factors or importance
1. It is Dagmar of the marketing system-
This is the first importance of sales management and it means that the sales management helps the marketing and selling plans to convert into profitable actions. Sales managers can attain sales target by proper knowledge of marketing and selling.
Through this point, the sales management decides the profitable strategies for making the sales effective in the market because it helps to target potential buyers and market opportunities.
2. It manages the sales force-
The sales force is the second importance or scope of sales management and it means that the sales manager is responsible for all the activities such as recruitment, selection, training & development, performance appraisal, and compensation of the salespeople.
Through this function, the sales manager decides or choose the best possible person or employee for the work in an organization.
3. Sales management inspires sales-
This is the third importance of sales management and it means is an effective sales manager inspired the sales people such that they have passion to sell the product or have curiosity to attain sales. Sales manager should have a team that should be productive in giving results.
4. To give training to the salespeople-
Image Source: pixabay.com
Training is the fourth importance of sales management and it means it will help to increase the skills, knowledge, and abilities of a particular individual so that he can provide an appropriate solution to the customers.
In every organization, the training is a main source for the enhancement of newbies (i.e., new individuals who work in an organization).
5. To establish a brand image and goodwill-
This is the fifth importance or scope of sales management and it means that the sales managers
6. To manage the sales data-
Sales data is the sixth importance or scope of sales management and it means that the role of the sales manager is to collect the information related to consumer tastes and preferences, income occupation which will give idea related to consumer purchasing power that can affect the selling process.
7. An important element of national income-
Image Source: pixabay.com
National income is the seventh importance of sales department/management and it means that selling results improve the production policies which results in better quality of products and services that results in a better standard of living and more employment opportunities are generated due to sales management.
8. To evaluate the performance-
This is the eighth importance of sales management and it means that the evaluation of a sales performance will try to understand what deviations is their between actual sales and desired sales in its the sales is legging behind than immediate corrective measures needs to be adopted.
9. The motivation of the sales force-
Motivation is the ninth importance of sales
In an organization, motivation is the key factor for the development of an employee, representative, and individuals.
10. Other factors or importance-
This is the tenth importance of sales management and it includes various points like:
- To recruit the sales people,
- To boost the moral,
- To give direction,
- To coordinate the sales activities,
- To organize the sales force.